Fan writes in both Chinese and English. She has four collections of essays in Chinese, and a novel, Butterfly Lovers, in English. Her work in English has appeared in Drunken Boat and Asia Literary Review. Fan is a professor of linguistics and Director of the Center for Creative Writing of the School of Foreign Languages at Sun Yat-Sen University in Guangzhou, where she teaches one of the few creative writing courses in English as a second language in China. She was a 2012-13 Fulbright Visiting Research Scholar in the Nonfiction Writing Program at the University of Iowa.
- Sat, Jun 15, 7-9 pm. Featuring Mary Cool, Chelsea Fonden, Janelle Greco, Julie Wilkerson.
- Featuring Blair Hurley, Claire Van Winkle & Kris Waldherr. Sat, May 11, 7-9 pm.
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool